Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pop goes the brain cells

Yep. I'm suffering from dementia or some form of brain damage.

I hit a local place for lunch that I go to every other week or so (it's not the kind of place one goes to if one is concerned about weight or health... but I digress).

The cashier recognizes me. I must have one of those faces, I guess. Anyway, she asked what happened to the person I used to go to lunch with.

I returned a blank look. No idea who she's talking about. Not at all.

She clarified with a vague description that matches a large number of friends.

I collected my food, returned to the office, ate, and pondered the mystery.

One of my friends ping'd me about what she wanted for lunch.

I related my mystery, as she and I used to do lunch on-and-off.

"It was probably me," she said.

"Wait," I said. "We never did lunch at [this place]. We ate at [another place] and [yet another place]."

"Huh," she replied. "I don't remember eating at [another place]."

So it turns out we hit all these places... over six years ago.

I can't decide if six years counts as short-term, medium-term, or long-term memory loss.

No comments: