Friday, August 22, 2008

Yay! Vacation!

My vacation starts after today! Woo-hoo!

A week and change of sleeping in and goofing off! I'm a mite jazzed about that.

I have faith that I'll find some way to fill the time. Maybe I'll start apartment hunting again. Or build a barbed-wire fence around the building.

I like my apartment. I really, really do. Unfortunately, it seems that crime is on an upswing. Once again our building's supposedly-secure garage was accessed by some thug or two who broke into a car and ransacked it.

According to my neighbor, said car had all sorts of goodies, including keys to the building.

Brilliant. Nevermind. Not going there.

So some of my neighbors (all of whom have kids) are a bit freaked. Can't blame them. One of the selling points of our building (beyond great rent and incomperable convenience) is that it's relatively secure and in a fairly safe area.

Or maybe I'll just get an alarm for my car and not worry about it.

In any event, this won't mess up my time off. I still plan to be an utter slacker. Of course, the only real change is that I don't need to get up at some godawful hour to go to work. Heh.

No comments: