Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And I find myself surprised

So Tuesdays generally suck.

It's a truth I tend to hold to along the lines of viewing perversity and irony as the primary foundations of reality as we know it.

Every now and again, the perversity thing kicks in and gets me with the "generally" thing. Today has not sucked.

Today has been lovely.

Got a Peet's card as a thank you for keeping a fellow "Buffy" fan hooked on the "season 8" comics, which has covered this week's caffeinated bean goodness.

"Dark Knight" is coming to one of the local Speakeasy theaters. Beer + Batman = awesome.

Beer + Batman on my week off? Beyond awesome.

Going to a friend's tonight to hang with her, an out-of-town friend, drink homebrew, and possibly meet up with another friend and his girlfriend visiting from China.

That sentence got away from me. This is what happens when I avoid personal pronouns.

My latest reading endeavor, Greg Keys' "The Briar King" is getting good, so I've ponied up to get the next three books.

Is "ponied" a word? Eh...

And lunch today was Pasta Pomodoro. Good times. Nom nom nom.

My day is over half-done and the weather is warming up for the bike ride home.

So now I nervously look for the other shoe.

No comments: