Monday, August 18, 2008

Heee

Yeah. This could be me. And for unexpected moments in mythology.

---
It was a nice, quiet weekend. I took "bum" to new lows, but I got much-needed "me" time. I really need to expand my hobbies. I broke up the doing-of-nothing with going to a party at a friend's house. I took the easy route and brought beer and baked goods.

The baked goods have been a problem, since I allocated some for family and some for the party. And I've snacked on some for (cough) quality control (whistling).

*sigh*

Self-control. Not my strong suit.

So the party was good, clean fun in a creepy house. I managed one pretty severe faux-pas by failing to recognize my friend's wife and spacing on who she was when she talked to me. I am still mortified.

I'm usually really good with faces but this was, as the kids say, an epic fail.

Aside from that glaring moment of me-stoopid, it was a fun party. Met my buddy Jack's various new housemates and varying friends. Got to see the creepy, axe-murderer basement of his house again (long story...).

Best of all, it was a brisk walk from my place, so I got exercise of a sort. Alas, I got a little carried away with the beer, so Sunday was uncomfortable.

Such is life.

No comments: