Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fried

So the 4th of July was mild-enough. I blew most of the early afternoon on Solano, wandering about and seeing if I could get into a new chocolate shop to beef up my gifts for Saturday.

It wasn't open, but I got a lot of walking in. Then I went running. Then I went to my friend's house and drank some beers, watched their kids play, and played some Wii bowling, baseball, and tennis. Quite fun.

I then hiked to the hills to see if I could see fireworks, but I couldn't find a good vantage point and it was pretty foggy, so I blew it off and went home.

I woke up sore today. The legs are not happy.

I spent pretty much all the daylight hours visiting Tim, Kaori, Kaori's mother, and Yuno-hime (Kaori's niece). They cooked me a delicious lunch and Yuno amused me with her antics of being 6 years old and kind of hyper.

I was glad she enjoyed the Disney princess coloring book and crayons I gave her. I wasn't sure it was the right kind of thing she'd enjoy, but apparently I chose well.

The post-lunch afternoon was mini-golf at Scandia. It was quite warm and a bit breezy. Glad I wore lots of sunblock.

I considered trying to see Wall-E tonight, but I'm beat. The thought of navigating to a theater and dealing with crowds does not appeal. Maybe tomorrow after family time.

No comments: