Thursday, July 10, 2008

A few observations

The latest heat wave has driven home how really happy I am that I moved to where I live now.

Ocean breezes are very pleasant in summertime.

Thus far, this heat wave hasn't been unbearable at all.

---

On the topic of the "heat wave", it's been niiiiice riding my bike to work this week. I don't need a jacket in the mornings! Woo-hoo!

And my traffic-karma is headed off in new and interesting directions.

So, normally, if there's any way that my timing will force me to have to stop (a traffic light turns red, there's a stop sign on the route I pick, etc.), events will conspire to make me have to stop.

It's just my traffic karma.

Also, I can never find parking, but that's another issue.

This karma also hits me on my bike. Usually, one can be a bit more flexible about stopping on a bike if traffic is light to non-existent. Regardless, I usually have karma that makes me hit a red light and there's a car, so I have to stop.

Bleah.

This week? No problems. I've managed to hit green lights and just breeze into work. This morning I didn't have to stop at all from time I left home to time I get into work.

Yay!

---

"Burn Notice" starts its second season tonight. I'm quite excited.

No comments: