Monday, September 23, 2013

Review: Filson Dry Finish Tin Cruiser

Some time back, I came across a remarkable, impossible-to-pass-up deal and snagged a Filson Dry Finish Tin Cruiser. I'd been looking for a multi-pocket jacket in a non-black color and the Tin Cruiser appealed to me.

It arrived during a heat wave so I briefly tried it on to ensure it fit, then put it away 'till the weather got more agreeable.

The other day, we had a freak rainstorm hit the Bay Area and it was... while not cold, certainly cooler than normal.

I busted out the Tin Cruiser and went out to lunch with a friend. The freak rainstorm then decided to pour on me, letting me test the water-resistant treatment of the coat.

My reactions:
  • This is a damn well-constructed coat.
  • So. Many. Pockets. Just... pockets with pockets in them. Meta-pockets!
  • Quite water resistant.
  • Comfortable.
  • Warm. This coat will do well when autumn gets chilly and will work well in Bay Area winters with a layer or so.
  • Loose. That's nice 'cause I could stand to loose a few pounds...
Worth every penny. Alas, that's a lot of pennies, but you get what you pay for...

No comments: