Monday, September 16, 2013

A few bleary-eyed Monday observations and musings

  • Every time a Disney "Star Wars" rumor is circulated an angel loses its wings. The angel then goes batshit crazy, takes a basket full of puppies and kittens, transforms them into ravening soul-devouring beasts, and unleashes them upon the world to create more MBAs who will create more ideas for Disney to milk "Star Wars" to death and beyond. This is what we call "a perpetual motion machine". Metaphysics making physics its bitch.
  • Ghost music continues to soothe my sleepy self.
  • When I was in Portland, I stopped for a bit in the Deluxe Hotel. There, in the Driftwood Room Lounge, I had a "Whiskey Rebellion". Bulleit Rye, punt e mes sweet vermouth, Imbue bittersweet vermouth, and some West Indies orange bitters. My dad got some of the Imbue vermouth and recreated the "Whiskey Rebellion" over the weekend. This may well become one of my favorite cocktails ever.
  • Okay, seriously. A $1,300 jacket? Thirteen-hundred dollars???? Fuck you.
  • Someone had to explain to me who Miley Cyrus is. This. This right here. This is where I stand with the not-understanding-of-celebrities.
  • So very sleepy...

No comments: