Thursday, September 5, 2013

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiinsssssss

Stuffy, warm evenings coupled with excessively-loud neighbors are giving me a lovely does of sleep-deprivation.

That never leads to good things. I don't deal well with a lack of sleep. Makes me go from zero to batshit crazy in no seconds flat.

With sleep it takes at least three seconds. Just so you have a comparison.

And it's only due to get hotter tomorrow. With luck, my goddamn neighbors will STFU before I have to start resorting to my own Tourette's shouting. 'Cause that always goes well.

I swear, if it were not for my supply of BBotE, I don't think I'd be ambulatory at all this morning.




I'm re-watching the entire run of "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Despite this being a kid's show I find myself amazed at how well-written this series was. It had a complex and evolving cast of excellent characters. The plots shifted between victory and defeat so many times, it makes the head spin a bit.

Interestingly-enough, I find my favorite character to be the one non-Bender of the group: Sokka. A sarcastic, self-deprecating, occasionally-foolish, scientist in a world of magic, the character really makes a fascinating transition over the three seasons of the show's run.

And the final battle at the end of the third season is still in my top-three list of the best finales I've seen.

No comments: