Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Vomiting of Electrons, A Spewing of Pixels

So... thoughts on Peter Jackson's take on The Hobbit:

I don't really care that he's expanding the story by telling the "off-camera" scenes with Gandalf. I'm a bit dicey on the likely tweaks to the mythology, but I accepted it without too much trouble in the Lord of the Rings movies, so I'll probably be ok with the film.

I am, however, not happy with the buzz surrounding the frame-rate methods Jackson's using with The Hobbit. Apparently, it's quite jarring. I wish he'd wait and experiment on some other kind of movie rather than mess around with this film. He's already going to have Tolkien-nerds frothing and screaming over the continuity changes he'll introduce.

*sigh*

Thoughts on The Avengers: I. CANNOT. WAIT.


Thoughts on Pinterest: I had no idea what this was until a few weeks ago. I don't understand the purpose or appeal. That's about as much thought as I intend to give on this topic.

Thoughts on Occupy riots: Seems like they're not really helping the cause. I'm having philosophical issues with the whole taking-over-buildings (or other locations) idea that seems to be happening frequently.

And yea. I've bored myself and you enough. Moving on.

No comments: