Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Midweek Post

It's amazing how just the slightest bit of a headwind can make one's ride in during the morning hours a wee-bit intolerable.

I guess I shouldn't complain. Unlike yesterday morning, the roads and sidewalks were empty. No vaguely-disquieting groups of fellows walking about along my destination, prompting me to opt to change course and avoid potential difficulties.

It pays to be "too careful".



Deadlines loom now. I've always been fascinated by that word: "deadline". One of my old professors summed it up best: "A deadline is a point on the calendar that stresses you out to the point when you want to die. Then after you've managed to meet it, you drink to the point where you resemble the dead."

Okay, I'm paraphrasing. After eons. Still, that was the gist.



Yesterday was a bit too exciting: helicopters, weirdness, too many people over-caffeinating, too many people under-caffeinating (I'm not sure where I fall in this spectrum), emergency vehicles every damn place.

Might even rain tomorrow (10% chance per the weatherpeople). Weird, weird, weird.

No comments: