Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Death of a liver and other things

It's been a seriously alcoholic few days.

It started Friday with drinks at Forbidden Island

It was followed with a grand debauch Saturday of various alcoholic beverages around the viewing of The Avengers.

For perspective, there was sake, a "Black Widow" (some kind of custom vodka and kalua cocktail), some beer... um... I think maybe I had two Black Widows... then other cocktails at Local Edition. Yeah. That was a brutal night.

I returned to Forbidden Island Sunday with others.

Sunday barely counts, though. I was the designated driver, so I nursed some mild drinks and had a lot of water.

Flash forward to last night.


I met up with an old, old friend/mentor/teacher for some pizza and beer in my childhood hometown.

I got there early. I haven't been back to the childhood stomping grounds in a long time. Even in my last few visits, I didn't really wander about and see all that's changed.

This time I got to see a lot. Jeeeeez... it's like a different town.

So I made a beeline for the restaurant/bar my friend and I were meeting at.

And had pints while waiting.

And my friend insisted on us having a shot of Jameson's on top of the pints.


Glad I took public transportation.

This morning was... unpleasant. And I made myself ride my sorry ass into work.

As bike rides go, it was... a bit more difficult than normal. It wasn't as bad as Erik's yesterday. So that's something.

But the day isn't over yet...

No comments: