Friday, May 25, 2012

Doing the Kessel Run

May 25, 1977.

I was... well... still a kid. We were in Honolulu. My folks took me to see this movie called Star Wars. There was a ridiculous line.

Hours later, I was hooked like a little prepubescent crack fiend.

I have seen Star Wars: A New Hope in its various incarnations hundreds (literally hundreds) of times.

During my college days (daze) I worked a summer job for a record store in their video department (raise your hand if you can conceive of these kind of dinosaur jobs). We played the Star Wars trilogy in the background, with the sound off, and lip-sync'd every line and action. We were flawless.

A lot has changed in the intervening... decades... yikes. For all that, I can still remember the wide-eyed wonder I had as that rebel blockade runner streaked across the screen pursued by the mammoth power of the Imperial Star Destroyer.

No comments: