Friday, August 12, 2011

Epic Synchronicity

In the latest blog post for Funranium Labs, Herr Direktor (the mad genius behind the Black Blood of the Earth - 100 ml of which is coursing through my veins as I type - and the Steins of Science - one of which is at my desk as I type...) mentions that he got to sit down and have multiple beers with Charles Stross.

Ponder a moment.

The awesomeness of Herr Direktor, scientist and pusher of hedonistic glory, and Charles Stross, the author of The Atrocity Archives (among many other science fiction classics) sitting down and having beers and talking about things scientific and whatever.

I would cheerfully have given an important organ (lung, kidney, heart, whatever) to witness such a meeting.

Oh, not one of my organs. I need them. Besides, my organs are crap. Nobody would want 'em.

Anyways, back to the awesome... I would have LOVED to witness such a meeting of awesome. I probably would have offered to buy all the beers.

I wouldn't have understood three words these two worthies would have uttered, mind you. I'm quite cognizant of my limitations. Still, it would have been fantastic to see two of my personal heroes having pints.

Good lord... I'm a fanboy.

I need a beer.

No comments: