Friday, July 22, 2011

A Question of Containment

I find I am often thirsty at work. The office ventilation, in addition to being filled with dust, mold, and crap, is fairly dry.

I also like my water cold.

My freebie water bottle, while a lovely shade of green, does little to keep said water cold as it has all the insulation properties of... um... something that doesn't insulate well.

Yeah okay. Moving on.

Last December, I discovered the Funranium Labs Steins of Science. I raved about them in prior posts. Kind of incessantly, actually.

So I have more than one. I'd obtained a follow-up stein (a "rugged" stein, which is somewhat less-vulnerable to accidental breakage) with the intent of taking it with me when I go outside of my man-cave/hovel/apartment.

Long story short: my rugged stein now observes a place of honor on the chaos that is my desk at work.

It's delightful to have water that remains cold. I'm still adapting to the expanded lip of the rugged stein, but given how often I spill water on myself, it's not really a problem.

The only real problem is that I've trained myself to drink beer out of steins. So whenever I glance over at my shiny stein, I crave a pint of something fermented.

My office, thus far, has not seen fit to provide us with kegs of good beer (or any beer, for that matter).

I sigh.

No comments: