Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Painful

Apparently the serial comma is no longer acceptable. As a professional writer, I find this annoying.

---

I finally appear to have mastered a throw in my martial arts class. I was rather ecstatic, especially after the dismal failure of trying to do air falls.

If you have no idea what an air fall is, you should count yourself lucky. Done poorly, they are not comfortable.

Still, being able semi-gracefully make someone else do an air fall is a wonderful feeling.

It was perfect timing, too. I was just starting to feel really discouraged by my lack of progress in this class over the last year.

---

Woke with a resurgance of plantar fasciitis. The usual stretching exercises have not helped a great deal. Bicycling to work didn't make it worse, at least.

---

Today's game of "count the hookers" came up with a big, fat zero. Nada. Zip.

It's getting foggy and a bit on the cool side. Maybe business is slow on these days.

Honestly, I don't really want to know.

No comments: