Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gettin' mah Kafka on

When Warren Ellis announced his SVK project, I was intrigued.

At one point, I ordered a copy. I mean, let's face it. Ellis is one of those writers who could have characters reading the damn phone book and I'd probably still be interested in the offering.

It arrived yesterday.

Goddamn.

So I get this cardboard envelope containing a plastic envelope that has a plastic-bagged and cardboard-backed, gorgeous comic book and a small "object" (UV flashlight, or as our British neighbors like to call it, a "torch") that resembles an Eon Extreme flashlight.

It was the disclaimer on the "object" that initially sold me on this. The disclaimer lists a fascinating copyright warning and an instruction to hold fast while the armed security of Heimdall Security Solutions comes to deal with the situation.

The comic is gorgeous. The paper is high quality and the art is awesome. The story is surreal and paranoid, so it's right up my alley.

I haven't enjoyed a comic book this much in a long, long time.

If I may pause to adorn my scalp with my pimp hat: SVK is sold out, but can be ordered, if you are so-inclined.

No comments: