Tuesday, December 14, 2010

THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

It's a wet morning. I've been running a bit slow.

So, naturally, I sought to get properly caffeinated on my way out the door this morning. Thus, when preparing breakfast, my gaze turned to the Black Blood of the Earth lingering in my 'fridge...

There's trucks on the freeway when I drive the short trip to work. They're always there, kicking up rocks and pretty much blocking my view.

This fine morning there were several and they were all situated ideally to slow traffic and prevent folks from getting around them.

I was angling my tiny, maneuverable car to attempt the impossible when one of them decided at that moment it was time to change lanes.

Of course, he was coming into my lane. Where else would he go?

Where was I? Oh yes, the BBotE.

So, I'm moderately-convinced I've gained temporary superpowers from that drink. I either had a precognitive flash and knew he was changing lanes or have developed superhuman reflexes.

I avoided being pulped deftly and took an earlier freeway exit to the office.

At first, I thought my increased heart-rate was due purely to adrenaline, but it's been a good thirty minutes or so... I think it's the caffeine.

Sweet, sweet caffeine.

Oh, this is going to be a fun, fun morning. Thank the Loas for spell check. My typing is suffering.

No comments: