Friday, December 31, 2010

Kicking 2010 out the door

As my New Year's Eve plans implode, I find myself sipping a cool Newcastle Brown Ale in my Stein of Science and look back on the previous year's insanity.

Pros:
* I got a new car.

* I got a new PC.

* I'm still employed.

* I gathered unto me a variety of shiny things (including the aforementioned Stein of Science).

* I saw Prague and much of Bavaria.

Oh, who am I kidding? Listing all the good things in 2010 would take a long time. I did okay overall.

Cons:

* I needed to buy a new car.

* I needed to buy a new PC.

* I find myself plagued with a variety of health issues deriving from overly-bright fluorescent lighting and far too many impacts from my impact sport.

* I didn't get a name or phone phone number of that cute gal on the train tonight. Damnit.

I can't list the crap of 2010 in their entirety in this blog. Most of it is too personal and meaningless to others.


So as the last couple of hours wind away and I drink my irritation down to a dull roar, I guess I should ponder resolutions.

Or I could just resolve to enjoy my beer.

Hey... I think I have a plan!

Happy New Year. May 2011 bring whomever reads this good fortune and happiness as we leave behind the first decade of the 21st century.

Cheers.

No comments: