Sunday, December 12, 2010

Operation SuperCaff: Phase Three

Goal: Compare Sumatra Black Blood of the Earth with Sumatra brewed using the Toddy Coffee method.

Log: Toddy Coffee's method of brewing certainly makes for a smooth cup of coffee. I won't go into the details (the site describes the process better anyway). I found myself wondering if BBotE could possibly be as smooth. I already know Toddy Coffee tends to be less-caffeinated than coffee brewed using other methods.

Conclusion: BBotE is just as smooth as Toddy Coffee and may actually hold more flavor. I could taste a slight berry flavor of the Sumatra in the BBotE. I can't taste the same in my Toddy concentrate.

Unquestionably, BBotE is more caffeinated. A lot more caffeinated.

Overall, I can see myself with a bad BBotE habit in the future.

No comments: