Thursday, April 15, 2010

Good times

Well, I must say that my latest brush with being a victim of possible credit card fraud was much less traumatic this time around.

I managed to get the essential stuff fixed quickly and now have a better plan in place to lessen future disruptions.

Would be nice if I didn't have to learn lessons the hard way. Could always be worse, I suppose.

The silver linings are all coming into view:
- I didn't get stuck with any kind of horrible charges
- Nothing I actually paid for got messed with
- I now have circumstances making me stop my crazy purchase pattern

Even more interesting has been my phone time with various agencies (the fraud department of my credit card company and other companies I have linked to the compromised card). Every one of those customer service interactions has been really nice and helpful.

Oh yeah, customer service is supposed to be nice, but how often do we really talk to someone who seems pleasant and competent over the phone?

Good times.

No comments: