Monday, January 11, 2010

strong end

Despite a sore throat and general ickiness that wouldn't go away, this was a pretty good weekend.

Twelve-plus hours of sleep from Friday night to Saturday morning (thank you, Nyquil!) helped me remain mostly-functional for my ten-plus hours of gaming Saturday afternoon.

The game went fairly well, all things considered. I was having trouble maintaining focus (thank you, Nyquil-hangover and lingering ickiness) but the game took a life of its own and I was able to mostly just guide things.

Best gaming group ever, I tell you.

It took me a bit to get moving Sunday. The sore throat more-or-less faded but the general ickiness was still there along with increased pain with my injured wrist. Family time more than made up for that.

Parental-made hurricane (rum drink) that I shouldn't have drank, but did. I'm sure it contributed a bit to the reason my sore throat returned, but I regret nothing. Plus an added present from the 'rents that's going to make 2010 a little easier to manage.

1 comment:

Schadwen said...

What gets me is that two of the guys went on to play other games at separate locales that night.