Monday, October 5, 2009

Samui desu

It's a wee bit chilly this fine, cloudless, moonlit morning.

It's supposed to warm up gradually after today. I take that to mean that my bike ride in tomorrow will be cold. That ought to be interesting.

I love the autumn for many reasons. Here in the Bay Area, we don't get the heavy-impact of seasonal markers like large numbers of trees changing color. It happens, but it's not the same as back east. That said, there's a subtle change in the scents in the air and the light that always makes me feel more relaxed and "at home".

It also plays merry havoc with my allergies, but that's a constant companion all year around.

And when the temperatures shift, I wind up having the most vivid dreams. It's kind of neat... save that I have to rouse myself early on workdays.

Beats the alternative, I suppose. Unemployment wouldn't be fun.

It was a fun, random, relaxing weekend. I puttered in the city (as previously mentioned) and met some entertaining and odd folks. I spent some time with an elderly relative yesterday and worked on a jigsaw puzzle. Good clean fun there.

I was fed ridiculous amounts of food. I'm still digesting that. There goes my diet.

And I prepped a Call of Cthulhu character for an upcoming game. Nerd snort!

No comments: