Monday, September 25, 2017

Review: Kingsman: The Golden Circle

I took a chunk of time to go see Kingsman: The Golden Circle and... wow. That was an AWESOME sequel!

Pros:
  • Julianne Moore as Poppy.
  • Harry returns (not really a spoiler if you've seen ANY trailers at all).
  • The Statesmen.
  • James Bond-level crazy.
  • So many explosions.
  • Robots.
  • Spy gadgets for the WIN!
  • There's a bowler hat moment that made me actually laugh out loud.
Cons:
  • At least two characters I liked a lot were killed off unnecessarily, in my not so humble opinion.
  • I'm not sure I followed the bit about the U.S. President, truth be told. If that was a Trump allegory, it wasn't done very well.
I will add this movie to my library once it's out and I will tear my apartment APART to find where the hell I left my copy of Kingsman: The Secret Service.

No comments: