Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Review: Korin Design ClickPack Pro

One of my gaming buddies brought it to a game.

The ClickPack Pro looked, at first glance, to be a simple grey and black backpack.

Then my friend showed us the features.

The first thing he did was snap open his knife and slash at the back of the pack. The pack was unmarred. He invited me to do the same with my knife. Same deal. No mark at all. The back of the pack is made with some kevlar weave cloth that's highly slash-resistant. I have no idea if it fares as well against a stabbing attack and I'm pretty confident it's in no way bulletproof.

The pack also has integrated luggage locks and a security cable so you can lock it anywhere or use it as fairly secure checked luggage in an airport.

The pack is loaded with pockets, both on the interior and scattered about on the straps and sides.

It's also billed as waterproof, though I haven't had an opportunity to test that yet.

It's got connectors for personal devices to hook into a power supply, should you opt to put one on the inside of the pack. It's also got small toiletry and cable organizers that are removable

It also fits my laptop, so that's nice.

If I have a complaint at all about the ClickPack Pro is that it's a tad small. When I use a backpack, I like to be able to use a backpack. I want spare room for a water bottle, a jacket, a hat, a book, a few cables, and other such stuff. When I pack the ClickPack Pro for work, it's all I can do to close the thing and there's no spare room for a jacket.

It's a neat idea, and handy for travel, but the ClickPack Pro isn't going to replace my Fidelis Alcon anytime soon as my commuter bag.

No comments: