Sunday, October 8, 2017

Good-Bye Microwave

This morning I bid a tearful farewell to my microwave.

A large, slightly-overpowered Panasonic that was almost-certainly not suited for my apartment's aged wiring, it served me well for several years as I prepared my breakfast, heated water or leftovers, and similar tasks. It was a beast that took up far too much counter space and the plug was hot to the touch if it ran for more than a couple of minutes. Some of the insulation melted at one point.

I'm quite surprised it didn't explode or cause a fire.

It was a behemoth, but it was a reliable thing. The recent flickering and hiccups were certain an indicator that something was wrong.

And now my microwave is dead.

Good-bye, Panasonic microwave. You will be missed.

Now to see if this smaller Black and Decker will do as well.

No comments: