Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Doing the Deathlok Dance

Oh "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D". I'm so happy you've finally found your mojo! After a truly mind-numbingly-boring start to your season, these last two episodes have been a genuine joy to watch. First we get Asgardian ass-kickery with the pseudo-Norse versions of Xena: Warrior Princess and her arch-nemesis and this last episode we get an actual, satisfying explanation of who/what "The Clairvoyant" is.

I'm not going to spoil it on the off chance there's fans who haven't seen the episode, but it lines up nicely with what little I know of the plot for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Or it seems to, anyway. Nice series of twists.

The only part that left me a bit cold was the sudden-feeling inclusion of Skye into the formal ranks of S.H.I.E.L.D. as an agent. Doesn't she have to go through some academy or something?

But whatever, it is what it is.

I have to say, I'm enjoying the addition of Deathlok to the mix. J. August Richards is an awesome killer cyborg and I'm loving his role in the story.

I hope the writers can keep this up.

No comments: