Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Protestations of Innocence

I have a somewhat-unearned reputation as a bit of a prankster.

I'm not sure why. Sure I talk a good game of pranking folks, but I almost never stir myself from my lethargy to deliver on my grandiose plans.

Sloth is an important vice to me.

Over the three-day weekend, a fellow Whovian got pranked in an utterly-brilliant fashion: someone left a stone cherub on his doorstep.

What's the big deal you ask? Oh, I dunno... maybe he's just overreacting.

Regardless, I'm getting solid blame for this even though I was nowhere near his 'hood over the weekend. The height of the irony is that I was busy being a good little boy and checking in on an ailing-ish family member during the time this angel-placement occurred.

Or so best guesses go.

In terms of pranks, I wish I'd come up with this one. It's creepy and brilliant.

I must continue to protest my innocence in vain. *le sigh*

1 comment:

Schadwen said...

There's an old Genesis song that comes to mind...