Friday, February 24, 2012

Sharp Stuff

I have a problem.

I like things.

This isn't an uncommon problem among people in the world. Unless you're Buddah (or in that vein), we all generally like things. [Edit: Erik correctly pointed out to me that it's "Buddha" not "Buddah". I blame the pollen in the air and am now going to sneeze away what's left of my brains. Die in fire, plants! Die in fire!]

I have a number of things I quite like. I've mentioned several before and I won't bother repeating overly much.

Except for knives. I will repeat about knives. Because I got a new knife.

CountyComm posted their Titanium Framelock Knife the other day. I think I pondered the purchase for a grand total of ninety seconds before submitting the order.

I'm improving in terms of self restraint.

It arrived today.

So... Boker knives... it's a Boker knife. Meaning it's produced and packaged by Boker. My previous experience with Boker was a Boker Cop Tool, which has proven surprisingly-handy as a pry tool and box-cutter.

I followed up later by getting a Boker Credit Card Knife, mostly to compare it with my far superior Kubasek Creditor Carbon Fiber Money Clip Knife obtained sometime last year. (Spoiler: the cheaper Boker Credit Card knife? Nowhere near as good. Moving on...)

Anyway, I got the Titanium Framelock Knife.

It's PURDY!

It's a stout little bastard. It has a short, squat, tough little 2.5 inch (6.35 cm for you metric folks) blade that is surprisingly sharp.

I'm not bleeding yet, but that's because I'm at work and can't play with the damn thing without getting fired or arrested (or both).

It was ABSOLUTELY worth the price! Less than a hundred before taxes and shipping demanded their due.

I have a problem and it's a sharp one.

*sigh*

No comments: