Friday, February 3, 2012

And LO! It was Friday! And it was GOOD!

Okay, I'm not very good at doing mock-Biblical-speak.

The only things I learned in Sunday School were lockpicking (a skill mostly-forgotten) and how to make paper airplanes with pins and razor blades in the wings.

Important skills to be sure.

Wait. I think I got sidetracked.

Oh! Yes. Friday! Friday is here! What does that mean?

* It means I have a new episode of "Fringe" to enjoy tonight. Hopefully I'll enjoy it. This season has been a lot of weak tea.

* Beer. I take some folks to a local, semi-famous beer place after work today. I regret I'll be the driver and must restrain myself, but such is the way of things.

* Sleeping in tomorrow. Oh yes...

Got a little lesson in humility yesterday when I tried to help a friend change out her flat tire for her spare. I couldn't un-do the bolts on the flat tire (or really figure out the bizarre jack her car comes with).

This has cast doubts in my mind on my preparedness for any crises in the future. I think I've been focusing too much on stuff (though I am still loving my so-comfortable boots) and not enough on training myself. I've gotten lazy since injury made me have to shelve martial arts.

Gotta get my lazy butt back in shape and get my learn on (as they say in Hollywood portrayals of rural America).

No comments: