Thursday, June 16, 2011

Watch Out

My wristwatch failed me yesterday.

Strictly-speaking, the watch is fine. The band was crap. It was attached to the watch by way of some kind of crappy adhesive that failed finally.

I bought a new watch band and attempted to remove the remaining bits-and-pieces of disintegrating watch band from the watch body, only to find out that this watch isn't secured by two pins like normal watches.

Insert rage here.

So I'm sitting around with a watch band I can't use with a watch that doesn't have a working band anymore.

I'm thinking Crazy Glue then remembering the last time I played with that stuff.

The words "epic disaster" come to mind.

Oy.

So as loathe as I am to abandon my old watch, I got a cheap-ish Timex yesterday. I popped off the less-inspiring band and plugged it in to the new watch band.

Oddly enough, the new watch has three times the functionality of the old one but is maybe a fifth the cost.

Doesn't look like something out of a bad James Bond movie, though. *sigh*

I guess life could be worse.

I mean, I could cut my hand open using tools to try to fiddle with something in a particularly stupid way.

Gosh, that would be pretty stupid.

And painful.

Yep. Glad I'm not that stupid.

*whistles*

No comments: