Monday, June 13, 2011

the blahs

The blahs.

It's that feeling one gets when nothing really engages the imagination or the attention. Everything seems uninteresting and vaguely gray.

I hate the blahs.

I recognize part of it is simple depression. In the last few months, three people whom I considered fairly dear to me have passed on. That sort of thing takes its toll.

Part of it is the more petty disappointment of geeky pleasures failing. "Doctor Who" is on hiatus until the fall. Broadcast television has yet to air anything that makes me want to give a shit this summer. "Game of Thrones", while quite nice, doesn't fully-engage as I've read the books. My RPG stuff has disintegrated under internal pressures that may be unfixable.

There's nothing out in terms of reading material that particularly inspires me of late.

Thus: the blahs.

Bleah.

No comments: