Wednesday, June 22, 2011

blarg

Had the weirdest dream last night. I have a pocket watch that's a mock-up of the Chameleon Arch watch from "Doctor Who" (yes, I am that level of nerd... moving on...).

I dreamt I was wandering around Waikiki and had said watch on my person. I popped it open and then suddenly it was an Omni from the old "Voyagers" TV show.

If you don't know what that is, I pity you.

So I push the big button. Boom. Next thing I know, I'm in an Irish pub, enjoying a Smithwick's, and watching some ridiculous battle that kept morphing. It started with knights and crazy Scots fighting, then there were ninjas, then Daenerys Targaryen leads some dragons and such into the field and pretty much fries the competition.

I think there were Nazgul from The Lord of the Rings in there too. They were flying their dragon things. They were on the other side.

And they lost.

So the lessons here are:

1) Be careful what you eat for dinner.

2) Don't watch Lord of the Rings with a late dinner and then read one of the "Song of Ice and Fire" books before bed.

3) You never forget those cheesy '80's shows.

4) Apparently I have a fondness for Irish pubs.

Oddly enough, now I'm craving a mai tai.

No comments: