Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pedaling a story

I've recently returned to bicycling after dropping a hundred bucks on bicycle maintenance and repair.

Money well-spent.

So I'm back to taking the "green" route to work from time-to-time. Oh, how things change. Oh, how things don't.

It's been a year since I last bicycled to work. It's interesting how much construction has gone on along my route since I last rode. I don't normally take note of this when I drive as I'm far too interested in threats to my precious car.

There's more new buildings than I expected. There's an awful lot of vacant buildings as well. The economy is showing the strain all sorts of places.

My game of "count-the-hookers" appears to be on-hold for a while. Haven't seen any this week. I find that interesting, as Tuesday was a warm morning. You'd think it would be comfortable to be out in skanky attire in warm weather.

Clearly I know nothing.

No comments: