Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sharp Cards

My CardSharp arrived today.

For the uninitiated... go to the link. My brain is still goo from the long weekend and exposition seems unnecessary.

In a nutshell, it's a small knife set in a plastic frame that looks like a credit card.

It's a clever design. The blade is well-secured and not easy to pop out quickly (thus saving one from getting stabbed in the thigh while it's in the pocket and stuff like that).

The plastic frame itself is light and feels potentially easily-broken, but as I haven't broken it in the last twenty minutes, I can't really claim that to be the case.

It does fold out nicely into a very secure seeming little blade. You're not going to be getting into a knife fight with a local gang using this little thing, but it's certainly handy for little stuff. The knife is pretty sharp but not so sharp that I'm going to lose a finger popping the thing into position.

All-in-all, it's a nice little tool.

[Edit] And since I've had the Eon Extreme flashlight for a bit over a week now, I feel I should state that I haven't had any other weird issues with the flashlight. It continues to be awesome beyond words.

And damn is this puppy bright. 230 lumens is not dim lighting.

No comments: