Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Reality Problems

A weird side-effect I often have when plagued by allergies are extremely vivid (and often weird) dreams.

I'll admit I've had mornings when I haven't been able to tell if I'm awake or asleep.

Unrelated, but concurrent, I've had a few unpleasant traumas happen in my circle of people close to me. That likely explains some of the more disturbing elements of a few of my dreams.

Is there anything more boring than someone talking about their dreams? No, there isn't I agree. I'll get to the point.

So I woke this morning to the sound of someone screaming. It wasn't a happy "oh-my-god-I'm-having-an-orgasm" scream. It was the other kind.

What bothers me is that I honestly can't tell if I dreamed it or not. I woke up and made myself really wake up (earlier than I'd like, and that's goddamn early).

I got up. I opened my windows. I listened.

It's pretty quiet in my 'hood.

I hope I dreamt it.

And I hope I stop dreaming crap like that. Ugh.

No comments: