Thursday, May 19, 2011

Endtimes

So yet another numbnut is out there preaching the world is going to end soon.

Apparently this particular dumbass believes it's happening on Saturday, May 21. Yes, 2011. He's really boxed himself in.

Might happen. Might not. What I love about these jackasses who preach the Rapture and similar bullshit is how they imply they're among the chosen who will be saved.

They're going to feel really stupid for about thirty seconds when Cthulhu cracks open their skulls and snacks on what passes for their brains. That's my take, anyway.

*sigh*

I guess that's pretty harsh of me. I should be less-critical of religion. I do know people who have faith and it's made them into great people. Heck, I just spent a long weekend with a ton of such people, so I ought to be more charitable.

Given that I'm a borderline-atheist, it's a bit hard.

Besides, we all know the real way the world is going to end: Ninkasi and the other goddesses and gods of beer are going to drown our sorrows in liquid goodness. There's worse ways to go.

Mmm... obliteration by beer...

No comments: