Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Carbony and sharp

It finally arrived.

I did my taxes some time ago and got a nice refund. I went a little nuts and bought some stuff with said money (most of which was obtained at WonderCon). One of the non-WonderCon things was the Creditor Carbon Fiber Money Clip Knife.

I saw it on several blogs (Uncrate, etc.) and decided:

* My knife collection needs to be expanded all that much more
* I need something that could potentially shred my cash

It proved to be a popular purchase. It was immediately on a nearly two-month backorder. I'd almost forgotten I'd ordered it when I received email from the site saying they were processing the order.

Then I waited on pins-and-needles for a new shiny thing in the mail.

After enjoying a day of beer tasting on Saturday, it was in my mailbox waiting for me.

It's very small. They advertise it as the size of a credit card and they're not lying. It's got roughly the dimensions of a credit card, save the thickness, which is roughly that of two credit cards (assuming you remove the clip).

The handle is titanium and very light. The knife is a wide thing but sharp. It's got a nice handle.

Me like. It was well-worth the wait.

Disclaimer for whomever would actually give a crap about these things: I don't work for these guys. I didn't get money from them nor any other kind of compensation.

No comments: