Tuesday, November 23, 2010

heh

It's ridiculously-difficult to motivate one's self to exit one's warm bed when rain taps against the window in the darkness outside. Add to that the fact that it's just (relatively) chilly outside the warm cocoon of the bed and waking up gets an extra helping of unappealing.

Earning my paycheck is a bit more appealing, alas.

I'm enjoying all the news over the TSA security protests. While I hope my friends traveling for the holidaze don't get too inconvenienced, I hope there's a general uprising against the TSA's stupid procedures and this institutes some changes.

I mean really: patting down a man with a bladder problem, causing him to be covered in his own urine should be indicative of a need for changes in process.

There's good arguments that a lot of this is just whining, but there's also the fact that the TSA is just handling all this poorly.

I feel bad for the rank-and-file TSA employees in all of this. I know how it feels to be the messenger of a crappy, unpopular message. I have to say, with the exception of one jackass, I've had nothing but positive interactions with the TSA or other countries' equivalents over the last twelve years or so.

Then again, most of the flying I do is international. I've found that international terminals are better-run, less-chaotic, and overall seem to have more competent staffing. Domestic flights tend to be lower-quality, in my experience (and was where I encountered my only brush with a TSA-uniformed jackass).

No comments: