Monday, November 8, 2010

EuroBeer 2010

That's what I've been calling it.

I should back up.

On October 26, I boarded a plane with two traveling companions to the Czech Republic. I spent time in Prague for the most part with a day trip to Pilsn before hopping a bus to Bamberg, Germany shortly before Halloween.

After Bamberg, we went to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber, a lovely town that may well be the cutest place I've ever seen.

We left Rothenburg and headed to the hub of Bavaria: Munich, where we rendezvoused with a friend of mine and his husband.

Throughout this trek, I sampled much of the native beers and ate stuff that's probably got me on a fast-track to a stroke or heart attack.

I climbed towers and castle walls. I saw fantastic clockwork contraptions. I visited old-style breweries. I listened to a night watchman tell his tale. I saw autumn colors one does not see in my part of the world.

I loved every moment.

I'm pretty much exhausted and wiped out now. Loooooong flight.

1 comment:

Aaron Britton said...

We want to see pictures!!! You lucky bastard.