Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lunatic Heat

Between the full moon and the sudden, sharp increase in ambient temperature, I think I have plenty of external stimuli to justify the really weird dreams I've been having.

I had an exceptionally-vivid dream last night in which I was trying desperately to help an old friend get to a hospital after being shot. It was one of those dreams I was grateful to wake from.

Stuff like that always leaves me a little off-kilter for the day. I had to shut off the news this morning 'cause various stories were bothering me for no good reason.

And I think my bamboo is dying. I don't think it likes the coffee grounds. Crap. Gotta find some actual soil for the thing.

For added weirdness, I've been asked by a friend to be a pallbearer in a funeral for her grandmother.

I haven't met her grandmother nor am I a member of this family. I have no idea why that family is short pallbearer-material. The explanation is a bit weird and I suspect involves some cultural stuff I won't understand.

Meh.

I agreed to take a day off work next week to pony up and help out. Should be surreal. Oh well. I've agreed to help friends with weirder situations.

I hate Tuesdays and I can already tell today's going to drag something fierce. *sigh*

No comments: