Friday, August 27, 2010

Fried Day

Another week comes plodding along to an end. Another month is nearly done.

I think I'm fighting a bug. Worst possible time for it, too. I have two practically back-to-back birthdays to deal with and a funeral I've let myself get talked into helping with.

WTF? A funeral sandwiched by birthdays. How goddamn weird.

The weather forecast shows the day of the funeral is supposed to be sunny and start warming again. Great. Just the kind of weather I want to wear a dark suit in.

And here I thought I was free-and-clear of neckties in the summer when none of my friends were tying the knot in the hot months.

Bah.

I risked misfortune by baking a batch of cookies (birthday present) while imbibing a well-earned beer.

The blasted cord for my electric mixer nearly sent said beer on to the floor. That would have been unfortunate. Thankfully fear of alcohol spillage appears to give me nigh-superhuman reflexes. Not even a drop hit my rather dirty kitchen floor.

And the cookies are good.

No comments: