Tuesday, August 3, 2010

BLARRRGGGGH

Today's one of those days when I really just wanted to throw the alarm clock across the room, call in "sick", and go back to sleep for the balance of the day.

An electrician is working on the lights in my office. It's making my headaches worse than usual 'cause he's messing with the intensity settings on top of the fact that there's now more enabled lights on the floor.

Good times.

The only thing that got me going today was lunch plans with an old friend. Shocking how much time has passed since we last talked. Should be a funny lunch.

One of the black belts in my martial arts club persuaded me to review some papers for an upcoming journal publication to determine what is, or is not, appropriate for publication.

Honestly, I have no idea what the target audience is looking for, but said black belt just asked me to review based on my own ability to engage with the paper.

I just finished turning in the last of the papers last night. I hope this is anonymous or I'm going to get killed next time I'm on the mat. At least I wasn't editing the papers or I'd probably have to go into hiding for the rest of my life.

Ye gods.

Now I know what my editor feels like when she makes my submissions bleed.

On the plus side, one of the other black belts gave me some exercises to work on to develop my core while my back heals. I tried them last night and I think these will work out.

How the hell did August get here so damn fast?

No comments: