Salon has this fascinating article that's a book review on the Cahokia.
Never heard of them? I certainly had not until now.
I had no idea whatsoever that there was once a huge (relatively-speaking) city along the Mississippi about 600 years ago.
Can't say I'm all that keen on their idea of burying women alive.
Still, it's interesting that the people who lived in what is the modern-day central United States long before Europeans made their way across the ocean managed to create a large city and apparently a spanning empire. It's not really surprising, but given all the emphasis on the Incas, Aztecs, and Mayans in the history of the Americas, there's never been much emphasis in what folks north of modern-day Mexico were up to.
It keeps the world interesting.
Did Claude Help an Amateur Astronomer Discover a New Planet?
-
Billions of exoplanets are believed to be out there awaiting discovery.
AI—with its ability to sift through mountains of data—could speed that
process along.
9 minutes ago
No comments:
Post a Comment