Sunday, October 22, 2017

Review: The Dervish Alchemy Flipper Knife

It was about a year or so ago when I first saw that Dervish Knives offered a flipper knife on the TAD Gear site. I missed the chance to buy their Alchemy knife but was mostly fine with that. On TAD Gear, that was a goddamn expensive knife.

Still, the Dervish Alchemy haunted me for a while. It had a look to it that really appealed to me.

Fast-forward many months. I'm bored at work and browsing. I found the Dervish Alchemy mentioned again somewhere. I had a bonus at work come through and decided I really wanted to get a Dervish Alchemy, if just to satisfy the damn mental itch that TAD Gear had started.

I shopped and searched in vain for some weeks before finding one on eBay. For a not-unreasonable price later, I found myself the proud owner of a Dervish Knives Alchemy Midtech.

So the Dervish Alchemy is a substantial flipper. It opens by pressing the stud near the end of the blade and flipping its slightly-curved and delightfully-sharp blade. It's got a nice weight to it, both open and closed, and keeps a lovely edge. It's now part of my EDC and has edged out my DPx for the time being.

Aesthetically, the Alchemy is so beautiful that I really have to struggle not to just flip it open at random intervals in public (or at work!) to gaze upon its beauty.

I have terrible problems.

I regret nothing.

No comments: