As origin stories for one of the weirder Marvel superheroes go, it didn't suck. Thoughts:
- Casting Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Stephen Strange
- Cool effects
- Nice settings
- Avengers tower shot
- Captain America: Civil War shout-out
- Casting Chiwetel Ejiofor as Mordo
- Benedict Wong as... um... Wong. And making Wong a badass librarian.
- Entertaining fight scenes
- Good placement of humor
- Solid end-credits scenes
- Casting Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One. Kinda white-washy.
- Yawn-inducing villains
- A bit too... Inception
- A little heavy on the psychedelic coloring at points
- Cumberbatch's American accent - it wasn't bad, but I found it a little jarring.