Sunday, December 20, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I saw it in 3-D IMAX last night.

Sweet Jedi goodness that film was awesome!

Oh, I could nitpick on a few things (I can always nitpick on things) but that film was head-and-shoulders better than it had a right to be. I'd rate it up there with Episode IV ("A New Hope") and Episode V ("The Empire Strikes Back"). In terms of dialog, acting, direction, and awesomeness of heroes, it blows Episode VI ("The Return of the Jedi") out of the water. Obviously the prequels are left far, far behind in the dust.

I'm going to show uncharacteristic restraint and not make any kind of specific review. I don't want to spoil anything.

My faith in "Star Wars" is renewed. My faith in J.J. Abrams is renewed. I'm going to go find my lightsaber and break some lamps in my apartment now.

No comments: