Monday, August 12, 2013

what in the Monday hell now?

Lovely weekend. Just lovely.

  • Saw the original 1954 version of Godzilla with a couple of friends who were either incredibly tolerant of my being a mental vegetable or just didn't notice. I don't want to know the truth there.
  • After said lovely viewing of said delightful film (there must be a rule that every kaiju film has to have bad acting) I enjoyed a crushingly-packed ride on BART back home filled with Oakland Raiders fans. I am being sarcastic when I say I enjoyed this. I'm clarifying 'cause I really did enjoy the elements of my first bullet point.
  • Saturday was monthly gaming. Two months (give or take) of prep work went into a fairly small game in terms of players, but seemed to go fairly-well.
  • The hosts for said game (I opted not to subject them to my apartment) have a pair of cats. One is quite social, the other a skittish little ninja shadow. I experienced a strange moment of sublime pleasure when skittish ninja shadow cat let me pet him (and purred as I did so). I am - per one of my friends - the first person skittish ninja cat has let pet him aside from the couple who actually own/serve said feline overlords. I am clearly being set up as a sacrifice to the cat gods.
  • I slept so much over this weekend that I'm actually wondering if I'm fighting a bug.

No comments: