Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Seven Days

Seven days of driving up and down Hwy 5. From the Bay Area to Seattle and back. Oh sure, it could be done in a shorter time, but there were complications that made it nigh-impossible for me to drive longer than 5 hours at a pop.

Saw Ashland for the first time ever. Neat town.

Saw Mt. Shasta City. I heard someone earnestly extol the virtues of certain crystals when channeling one's chi.

I drank at many an Oregon brewery.

I compared California, Washington, and Oregon rest stops (California has - hands down - the worst).

I rode in a ferry across Puget Sound to an island then went along befuddling roads to a hidden location along a dirt road.

As trips go, I found myself quite enjoying it.

Except for all the driving. That is a HELL of a lot of driving.

No comments: