Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Review: GP 1945 Bolt Action Plus Pen

There was no way I was going to avoid this Kickstarter. A pen that's also a glass breaker and a whistle? And titanium frame? And deploys bolt-action? Good lord, it's like it was designed with me in mind! I love pens. Add in extra funky gadgets and I'm sold.

I backed the Kickstarter and my pen came in around Xmas. Now I have another damn thing to fiddle with and drive people around me crazy. I keep playing with the bolt-action to open and close the pen!

The pen is solid and grips well. If I have a complaint, it's that I'm a tad underwhelmed by the ink cartridge it fits. I prefer Fisher pen cartridges for being more reliable. This one takes some kind of German ink cartridge. They work well enough, but it took some doing to get the pen started.

Oh well. It's not like I don't have other pens should this one run dry.

It's still an awesome pen and totally worth backing!

Looks like you can pre-order one of these on Indiegogo now, if you're inclined.

No comments: